Lucine leverages the broad social media reach generated by Hormones MatterTM to conduct large-scale and much needed research in the field of women’s health. Studies address the side effects associated with common medications, vaccines and surgical procedures used in women’s healthcare. Since their inception in March of 2013, thousands of respondents have completed these comprehensive surveys. Our databases continue to grow, providing a rich and highly detailed look at medication use and therapeutic outcomes in everyday life. Each of our studies is anonymous, comprehensive, with pre-morbid and co-morbid health histories and contain extensive symptom and medication use data. Our current projects include:
- Understanding oral contraceptives safety, off-label prescribing and efficacy
- Hysterectomy – causes, outcomes and efficacy
- Gardasil Cervarix – safety and side-effects
- Lupron Side Effects – completed
- Fluoroquinolone Side Effects
- Real Risk Contraception Project – completed.
Lucine neither collects nor distributes personally identifying patient information, see our Ethics and Privacy for more details. We do, however, publish trended reports for open access and custom reports for industry. For more information, see Research Services.